Lesson Plan: Multiplying an Algebraic Expression by a Monomial Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply an algebraic expression by a monomial.
Students will be able to
- multiply algebraic expressions by monomials,
- solve word problems by multiplying algebraic expressions by monomials,
- find unknowns by multiplying a monomial by an algebraic expression and then by comparing them with the final simplified expression.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying monomials,
- multiterm and high-order algebraic expressions,
- the distributive property of multiplication,
- combining like terms.
Students will not cover
- dividing algebraic expressions by monomials,
- multiplying two polynomials,
- questions involving only monomials.