Lesson Plan: Introduction to Equations Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to read and write algebraic equations and determine values that make the equation true.
Students will be able to
- write an equation by interpreting a word problem and vice versa,
- identify equivalent equations,
- solve simple equations using mental methods.
Students should already be familiar with
- operations and the order of operations,
- algebraic expressions and the associated notation.
Students will not cover
- formal algebraic methods for solving equations, including written methods.