Lesson Plan: Logarithmic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify, write, and evaluate a logarithmic function as an inverse of the exponential function.
Students will be able to
- find the inverse of an exponential function using logarithms,
- evaluate a logarithmic function at a given point,
- identify the domain and range of logarithmic functions,
- find the solution set to simple logarithmic equations by converting them to exponential equations,
- solve word problems involving logarithmic functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the exponential function,
- finding the inverse of a function,
- how the domain and range of inverse functions relate to one another,
- logarithm notation.
Students will not cover
- graphs of logarithmic functions.