Lesson Plan: Converting Mass: Metric Units Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert between whole numbers of kilograms, grams, and milligrams.
Students will be able to
- describe how many times larger one unit of mass is than another,
- convert between kilograms, grams, and milligrams,
- compare masses in different units.
Students should already be familiar with
- whole numbers up to 1,000,000,
- multiplying and dividing whole numbers by 10, 100, and 1,000.
Students will not cover
- converting with fractions or decimals.