Lesson Plan: Straight Lines, Line Segments, and Rays Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify points, lines, rays, line segments, and endpoints.
Students will be able to
- identify whether a figure shows a point, a line segment, a ray, or a line,
- name these objects for example, “the line A”,
- draw line segments, rays, and lines passing through given points,
- determine points that lie on a given line, line segment, or ray.
Students will not cover
- representing lines, line segments, and rays with mathematical symbols.