Lesson Plan: Multistep Equations Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve multistep equations over the rational numbers.
Students will be able to
- solve equations in one variable by applying identical operations to both sides of the equation to find rational solutions,
- form and solve a linear equation in one variable representing a real-world situation.
Students should already be familiar with
- one-step equations,
- two-step equations,
- rearranging terms in an equation,
- solving multistep linear equations in one variable with integer solutions.
Students will not cover
- solving equations that will result in irrational solutions,
- nonlinear equations.