Lesson Plan: Multiplying by 5 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify multiples of 5 and common multiples of 5 and 10 using multiplication facts and skip counting.
Students will be able to
- use skip counting to multiply by 5,
- identify multiples of 5 and 10,
- recite 5 multiplication facts up to 50,
- explain the relationship between skip counting and multiplication facts.
Students should already be familiar with
- representing multiplications using arrays and equal groups,
- the multiplication symbol,
- the two, three, four, and ten times tables,
- skip counting by 2, 3, 4, and 10.
Students will not cover
- multiples of 5 greater than 50.