Lesson Plan: Group 15 Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and explain the properties and economic importance of group 15 elements.
Students will be able to
- explain similarities in the electronic configurations of group 15 elements,
- describe the general properties of group 15 elements,
- describe the common allotropes of group 15 elements,
- describe the properties of group 15 oxides and hydrides,
- explain the economic importance of group 15 elements.
Students should already be familiar with
- oxidation numbers,
- electronic configurations,
Students will not cover
- preparation of group 15 elements,
- detailed reactions and chemistry of nitrogen.