Lesson Plan: Writing Thousandths Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write thousandths in word, digit, and expanded forms.
Students will be able to
- write any number of thousandths as a decimal,
- write decimals in word form,
- write decimals in expanded form,
- write decimals in unit form,
- partition decimal numbers in multiple ways.
Students should already be familiar with
- representations of tenths and hundredths,
- place value models.
Students will not cover
- working with numbers with more than three decimal places.