Lesson Plan: Angle Bisector Theorem and Its Converse Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to use the angle bisector theorem and its converse to find a missing side length in a triangle.
Students will be able to
- use the interior and exterior angle bisectors to find missing side lengths in a triangle,
- solve equations that are formed from using the angle bisector theorem,
- use the converse of the angle bisector theorem to solve problems,
- find the lengths of the bisectors of the interior and exterior angles of a triangle.
Students should already be familiar with
- angle bisectors,
- solving linear and quadratic equations.