Lesson Plan: Speed Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine the speed of an object that moves a distance in a time.
Students will be able to
- recall that speed relates the distance moved by an object and the amount of time for which the object moves,
- recall that the quantity speed is a measure of the distance moved by an object in a unit of time,
- use in all permutations,
- recognize that the term uniform speed means that an object moves equal distances in equal time intervals,
- recall that speed can be measured in units of meters per second (m/s),
- recall that speed can be measured in units of kilometers per hour (km/h).
Students should already be familiar with
- meters and kilometers as units of distance,
- seconds and hours as units of time.
Students will not cover
- average speed,
- relative speed,