Lesson Plan: Reflection of Light Physics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the paths of light reflected from specular and diffuse surfaces, applying the law of reflection.
Students will be able to
- determine the angle of reflection of a reflected ray,
- determine the position of a point in a reflected image of an object,
- estimate the paths of reflected light rays to understand how flat surfaces produce specular reflection and irregular surfaces produce diffuse reflection.
Students should already be familiar with
- the idea that waves reflect at boundaries of media,
- the idea that light rays travel in straight lines.
Students will not cover
- reflection from curved surfaces.