Lesson Plan: Applications of Quadratic Equations Mathematics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to solve word problems by forming and solving quadratic equations.
Students will be able to
- write a quadratic equation to represent a word problem,
- solve real-world problems using quadratic equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- writing quadratic equations,
- solving quadratic equations by factoring,
- solving quadratic equations using the quadratic formula,
- solving quadratic equations by completing the square.