Lesson Plan: Sorting and Counting Objects Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to sort objects so that we can count how many there are in each category.
Students will be able to
- sort objects by size, color, or shape, with the purpose of counting a particular category,
- count a group of objects that have been sorted according to a particular category,
- use counting strategies when counting a group of sorted objects,
- sort the same group of objects in different ways.
Students should already be familiar with
- sorting objects by size, color, or shape.
Students will not cover
- sorting groups according to names of shapes,
- sorting groups larger than 10 objects.