Lesson Plan: Pie Charts and Fractions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to interpret pie charts whose segments represent simple fractions of the whole.
Students will be able to
- understand what a pie chart represents,
- analyze pie charts divided into equal-sized segments,
- analyze simple pie charts by considering what fraction of the whole each segment represents.
Students should already be familiar with
- calculating fractions of amounts.
Students will not cover
- the angles of sectors in a pie chart,