Lesson Plan: Converting Units Using Dimensional Analysis Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use dimensional analysis to convert between different units of the same quantity to solve real-world problems.
Students will be able to
- recognize how dimensional analysis can be used as part of a calculation to convert between metric and imperial units,
- consider the units in a problem and directly use these to determine the units of the solution,
- convert between units as part of a calculation.
Students should already be familiar with
- unit conversion rates for metric units.
Students will not cover
- nonstandard imperial units of measure.