Lesson Plan: The Geosphere Science • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the geosphere and describe its layers.
Students will be able to
- name the four major systems making up Earth: the geosphere, the biosphere, the atmosphere, and the hydrosphere,
- identify and describe the geosphere,
- describe and identify the layers of the geosphere including the crust, mantle, and core,
- describe the lithosphere.
Students should already be familiar with
- states of matter,
Students will not cover
- the movement of Earth’s plates,
- landforms and their formation,
- types and components of soil,
- details of the biosphere, atmosphere, and hydrosphere.