Lesson Plan: Volumes of Composite Prisms Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find volumes of composite prisms.
Students will be able to
- calculate the volumes of composite prisms by adding,
- calculate the volumes of composite prisms by subtracting,
- solve problems involving volumes of composite prisms in a real-world context.
Students should already be familiar with
- areas of 2D shapes,
- areas of composite shapes,
- volumes of prisms.
Students will not cover
- volumes of prisms involving cylinders,
- volumes of other three-dimensional shapes such as pyramids, spheres, or cones.