Lesson Plan: Movement in Plants Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to describe the tropisms that control movement in plants.
Students will be able to
- describe thigmotropism (haptotropism) as an example of movement in plants,
- describe the cytoplasmic streaming of cells as a method of moving substances within plants,
- describe the mechanism of contractile roots as an example of movement in plants,
- outline examples of movement in mimosa and leguminous plants.
Students should already be familiar with
- plants as multicellular organisms.