Lesson Plan: Measuring to the Nearest Half Centimeter
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to measure lengths to the nearest half centimeter up to 30 centimeters.
Students will be able to
- recognize that halfway between two whole centimeters is a half centimeter,
- measure the length of an object to the nearest half centimeter in words,
- measure the length of an object to the nearest half centimeter using a mixed number,
- write lengths to the nearest half centimeter in words,
- write lengths to the nearest half centimeter in mixed numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- measuring using rulers,
- measuring using whole centimeters and meters,
- measuring to the nearest centimeter and meter.
Students will not cover
- recording half centimeters as decimals, e.g., 5.5 cm,
- measurements over 30 cm,