Lesson Plan: Impulse and Momentum Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to relate the impulse on a body to the change of momentum of the body.
Students will be able to
- calculate the impulse of a constant force on a body,
- calculate the impulse of a variable force on a body,
- understand the relationship between impulse and the change in the momentum of a body,
- understand the relationship between impulse, force, and time.
Students should already be familiar with
- integration of polynomial functions,
Students will not cover
- conservation of momentum,
- elastic and inelastic collisions,
- problems involving bodies with variable mass.