Lesson Plan: Back-to-Back Stem-and-Leaf Plots
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to draw and interpret back-to-back stem-and-leaf plots.
Students will be able to
- construct a back-to-back stem-and-leaf plot from given data sets, with stems of varying numbers of digits,
- analyze and interpret data given as a back-to-back stem-and-leaf plot.
Students should already be familiar with
- stem-and-leaf plots,
- data sets,
- writing data values in ascending and descending order.
Students will not cover
- averages or range of data in a back-to-back stem-and-leaf plot,
- other statistical diagrams, for example, pie charts.