Lesson Plan: Adding Integers Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add positive and negative integers in both abstract and real-world contexts.
Students will be able to
- model addition of integers with number lines,
- add two positive or negative integers,
- add two integers where one is positive and one is negative,
- solve real-world problems that require adding integers.
Students should already be familiar with
- addition with natural numbers,
- integers on number lines.
Students will not cover
- idenityfing the properties of addition on integers.