Lesson Plan: Similar and Congruent Figures Mathematics • 8th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine whether two given figures are similar or congruent.
Students will be able to
- differentiate between congruent and similar two-dimensional figures,
- find missing lengths using similarity and congruence,
- solve real-world problems involving similarity and congruence.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying similar polygons,
- identifying congruent polygons.
Students will not cover
- similarity and congruence in 3 dimensions.