Lesson Plan: Comparing Groups by Matching Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare two groups of up to 10 objects using a matching strategy.
Students will be able to
- match objects to compare groups,
- use the terms less than, greater than, and equal to to compare groups of objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing groups of up to 5 objects,
- reading and writing numbers up to 10.
Students will not cover
- comparison symbols,
- comparing by counting,
- finding the difference between groups of objects.