Lesson Plan: Hormones in Plants Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the importance of auxins in plant growth and development and explain the action of auxins in plant phototropism.
Students will be able to
- recall that auxins are key hormones in plants,
- describe how auxins are essential for plant growth, plant development, flowering, and fruit formation and ripening,
- explain the mechanism of auxins in phototropism.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that hormones are chemical messengers found in living organisms.
Students will not cover
- plant hormones other than auxins and indoleacetic acid.