Lesson Plan: The Importance of Nitrogen Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the proportion of nitrogen gas in the atmosphere and identify and describe the properties and uses of nitrogen gas.
Students will be able to
- identify the proportion of nitrogen gas in Earth’s atmosphere,
- describe the structure of the nitrogen molecule,
- identify the scientist who discovered nitrogen,
- identify and describe the properties of nitrogen gas,
- identify and describe the importance of nitrogen in nature.
Students should already be familiar with
- states of matter,
- elements, atoms, and molecules.
Students will not cover
- chemical equations.