Lesson Plan: Fractions and Percentages of a Quantity Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate fractions and percentages of quantities without a calculator.
Students will be able to
- calculate a simple fraction of a quantity without a calculator,
- calculate a simple percentage of a quantity without a calculator,
- solve word problems involving fractions or percentages of quantities.
Students should already be familiar with
- fractions and percentages,
- converting percentages into fractions.
Students will not cover
- calculating a percentage of a quantity with a calculator.