Lesson Plan: Solving Exponential Equations Graphically Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve exponential equations using graphical methods.
Students will be able to
- solve exponential equations of the form graphically when given the graph of the exponential function ,
- solve exponential equations graphically, where one-step manipulation is required to match the given equation to the form of the given graph,
- solve exponential equations of the form graphically when given the graph displaying both functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- sketching graphs of exponential equations,
- using the intersection point of lines to solve equations graphically.
Students will not cover
- solving exponential equations using algebraic manipulation,
- logarithmic equations.