Lesson Plan: Simplifying Monomials: Multiplication Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply monomials involving single and multiple variables.
Students will be able to
- multiply numerical or algebraic monomials, including single or multiple variables (without exponents),
- multiply numerical or algebraic monomials, including single or multiple variables (with exponents),
- understand that the result of multiplying one or more of the monomials will itself be a monomial,
- multiply monomials to solve geometric problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying monomials,
- rules of exponents.
Students will not cover
- terms that are not monomials (negative or fractional exponents),
- divisions of monomials,
- multiplying monomials by algebraic expressions.