Lesson Plan: Probability of Simple Events Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the probability of an event using the sample space and the set of the event.
Students will be able to
- write the sample space, , for a random experiment,
- find the probability of an event as a fraction, decimal, or percentage,
- understand that events are subsets of the sample space,
- use the formula to calculate the probability of an event ,
- use probability to solve simple word problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- sample spaces,
- converting between decimals, fractions, and percentages.
Students will not cover
- compound events,
- dependent events,
- operations on events.