Lesson Plan: Joint Variation
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write an equation to describe joint variation and use proportions to find other sets of values to solve real-world problems.
Students will be able to
- define what joint variation is,
- find the equation that describes the relation between variables in joint variation given the values of the variables,
- find the value of a variable given the values of other variables that vary jointly with it,
- solve real-world problems involving joint variation.
Students should already be familiar with
- direct and inverse variation.
Students will not cover
- combined variation.