Lesson Plan: Multiplying Two-Digit Numbers by One-Digit Numbers: Adding Partial Products Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply two-digit numbers by one-digit numbers by calculating partial products and using expanded column multiplication.
Students will be able to
- use expanded column multiplication to multiply a two-digit number by a one-digit number,
- model the calculation and describe how each step is represented in the written solution,
- find missing numbers in partially complete solutions,
- identify errors in solutions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the multiplication tables up to ,
- partitioning two-digit numbers into tens and ones.
Students will not cover
- standard column multiplication,
- area models.