Lesson Plan: Ordering Two-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to order two-digit numbers by comparing the number of tens and ones using place value models.
Students will be able to
- order two-digit numbers represented in models using , , and =,
- order two-digit numbers in standard form using , , and =,
- order two-digit numbers from least to greatest or from greatest to least.
Students should already be familiar with
- reading and writing two-digit numbers,
- the place value of two-digit numbers,
- using the symbols , , and =,
- comparing two-digit numbers using models and other representations.
Students will not cover
- comparing numbers using number lines,
- comparing numbers with more than 2 digits,
- numbers other than integers.