Lesson Plan: Addition of Numbers up to 100,000 Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the most appropriate strategy to add numbers with up to five digits.
Students will be able to
- add whole numbers using the column method,
- estimate to check the reasonableness of answers,
- add whole numbers mentally,
- choose appropriate methods to add numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding and subtracting numbers up to 100,000.
Students will not cover
- numbers over 100,000.