Lesson Plan: The Depletion of Renewable Natural Resources Geology
This lesson plan includes the objectives of the lesson teaching students how to identify Earth’s natural resources and describe the negative impact of human practices, such as depletion of agricultural soil, deforestation, overgrazing, overhunting, overconsumption, and water pollution.
Students will be able to
- compare between renewable and nonrenewable resources and identify resource depletion,
- describe how harmful agricultural practices and urbanization contribute to the depletion of agricultural soil and understand the ways to mitigate these problems,
- recognize the harmful effects of deforestation on humans and the ecosystem,
- describe the environmental consequences of overgrazing and overhunting and highlight the benefits of organizing them,
- identify the problems of overconsumption and water pollution and understand the importance of protecting water resources.