Students will be able to
- understand the conditions required for events to be mutually exclusive: ,
- identify mutually exclusive and non-mutually exclusive events when given sufficient probabilities or a representative Venn diagrams,
- find missing probabilities using the conditions for mutually exclusive and non-mutually exclusive events.
Students should already be familiar with
- the probability of simple events,
- Venn diagrams,
- the intersection and union of two events, including the rule .
Students will not cover
- difference of events,
- complementary events,
- conditional probability.