Students will be able to
- describe Earth’s atmosphere and list the main gases of which it consists,
- discuss the importance of Earth’s atmosphere,
- describe Earth’s hydrosphere and its importance to living organisms,
- compare the proportions of land and water coverage on planet Earth and the proportions of salt water and fresh water,
- discuss the importance of temperature, atmospheric pressure, and gravity in creating our environment,
- describe the inner structure of Earth, including the crust, mantle, inner core, and outer core.