Students will be able to
- recall that organisms are adapted to their own environment,
- define adaptations as the characteristics an organism has that make it well suited for its environment,
- recall that adaptations can be associated with the structure of an organism, their behavior, or their function,
- give and interpret examples of organisms that are well adapted to their environment,
- define competition as the interaction of organisms over a limited resource,
- give examples of resources that organisms compete for and how their adaptations help them do this,
- suggest what may happen when organisms are not well adapted to the environment they are in.