Students will be able to
- name the three main states of matter,
- identify the state of matter from images showing the arrangement of particles,
- describe that molecules are in continuous motion and how this differs between states of matter,
- explain that there are intermolecular spaces between molecules,
- recognize that there are attractive forces between molecules,
- recognize how the attractive forces differ between solids, liquids, and gases,
- describe how the physical properties differ between solids, liquids, and gases.