Students will be able to
- determine when an exponential equation represents growth or decay, namely, whether the base of the exponential function is between 0 and 1 or greater than 1,
- make deductions about growth and decay based on an equation, for example, determining growth or decay rates or initial population,
- graph exponential growth and decay problems,
- solve exponential growth and decay problems given an equation, for example, calculating a population after a given number of years/hours,
- derive the growth or decay equation from a question to find the solution to the problem,
- interpret the solutions to growth and decay problems.