Students will be able to
- explain the meaning of philosophy,
- recognize the first way of defining philosophy, that is, as the mother of all sciences and the search for fundamental explanations of the world,
- recognize the second way of defining philosophy, that is, as the investigation of the meaning of life and how to live,
- recognize the relationship between philosophy and its cultural context,
- recognize the comprehensive character of philosophical investigation,
- distinguish three functions of philosophy: explaining the world, changing society, and anticipating the future.