Students will be able to
- identify the bases, legs, and height of a trapezoid,
- derive the formula for the area of a trapezoid given the base lengths and height,
- use the formula involving the base lengths (including the middle base) and the height of the trapezoid in order to find areas of given trapezoids,
- find an unknown length of a trapezoid using the formula when given its area,
- understand that the middle base is equal to half the sum of the bases of the trapezoid,
- solve word problems involving the area of a trapezoid.