Students will be able to
- state that plants, algae, and some microorganisms make their own food by a process called photosynthesis,
- state that energy is transferred from sunlight through absorption by the green pigment chlorophyll to carry out photosynthesis,
- recall that photosynthesis takes place in chloroplasts inside the cells of plant leaves,
- give the word equation for photosynthesis as carbon dioxide + water oxygen + glucose,
- describe how a plant obtains the carbon dioxide and water it needs and how oxygen leaves the plant.