Students will be able to
- understand that the total surface area of a cone is the sum of its lateral surface area and the area of its base,
- calculate the lateral surface area of a cone,
- calculate the total surface area of a cone,
- calculate a missing length of a cone when given its lateral surface area or total surface area.
Students should already be familiar with
- the slant height and perpendicular height of a cone,
- the Pythagorean theorem,
- the area of a circle.
Students will not cover
- oblique cones,
- the volume of a cone,