Students will be able to
- understand that the temperatures of different substances can be measured in degrees Celsius using a thermometer,
- understand that some substances are solid at room temperature while others are not,
- understand that different substances change from solid to liquid and from liquid to solid at different temperatures,
- understand that the point at which a substance changes from a solid to liquid is called the melting point,
- understand that the point at which a substance changes from a liquid to a solid is called the freezing point.