Students will be able to
- find whether a matrix is invertible using determinants,
- understand the definition of a singular matrix (not invertible),
- prove that the two matrices are multiplicative inverses of each other,
- find the inverse of a matrix, if possible.
Students should already be familiar with
- matrix operations (addition, subtraction, and multiplication),
- matrix determinants,
- the identity matrix.
Students will not cover
- the inverse of a (or higher) matrix,
- using the inverse of a matrix to solve systems of two linear equations,
- explaining the adjoint method to find the inverse of a matrix.