Students will be able to
- calculate each of the quartiles and the maximum and minimum values of a data set given in many forms such as a dot plot or table and understand how they measure the values that split up the data,
- understand that when the size of the data set is even, the median is the second quartile of the data set,
- understand approximately how much of the data will lie above or below a quartile or between two quartiles,
- explain why the quartiles do not split the data set exactly into quarters,
- interpret the five-number summary of a data set representing a real-world scenario.