Students will be able to
- define hypothesis, theory, and law and understand the differences between them,
- describe the uses and limitations of models and the importance of simplification when constructing a model,
- describe the steps taken during a scientific investigation,
- explain the role collaboration can play in scientific research,
- describe that hypotheses can be accepted and become theories but that they can, and are, disputed,
- describe the different types of model on which theories are based but acknowledge that they all have limits,
- appreciate the limit of science and that there are still phenomena that are unknown or cannot be explained.