Students will be able to
- recall that the heart is myogenic and that control of the cardiac cycle is carried out by the cardiac muscle,
- identify the location of the sinoatrial node (SAN), the atrioventricular node (AVN), the Purkinje/Purkyně fibers, and the bundle of His,
- state that the SAN is the pacemaker of the heart,
- describe how the sounds of a heartbeat originate from the closure of atrioventricular valves and the closure of aortic and pulmonary valves,
- explain how electrical transmissions across the heart regulate the human heartbeat,
- understand how blood pressure can be measured and interpret systolic and diastolic readings,
- recall that in veins and blood vessels further from the heart, blood pressure will be lower.